Get to know you questions for kids. Whether you have kids or not, I am sure you have encountered a child at some point in your life. Some adults are great with kids and are able to keep them occupied. Others are not so lucky. If you are in either of those categories, here is a great list of questions to get to know the child in your life.
Even if you are a parent and you communicate with your child, those conversations or questions may become the same thing over and over. Maybe it is time to throw in some new questions to make your child think and express themselves.
Related: To my 5 Year Old
Why are questions important?
Questions start conversations. Your child hops in the back of the car after their day at school, and you ask how their day is. You receive the inevitable “good”. It isn’t because your child does not want to talk to you, it is because you did not ask a specific question. Instead, ask “What their favorite part of their day was?”
You may still receive a short answer but at least that answer may lead to a discussion of their favorite part of the day. As parents, it is our job to teach our children how to express themselves and by teaching them it is ok for them to talk about what is going on in their lives.
To start, here is a list of get to know you questions for kids, whether they are your own or not.
Get to Know you Questions for Kids
- What was your favorite subject lesson today?
- How did you help someone today?
- Did any of your teachers do something funny today?
- What was something new you learned?
- Who did you play with at recess/ gym?
- What food did you want to trade at lunch?
- Do you need help with any of your homework?
- What subject are you having trouble with?
- Did you talk to anyone new? Make a new friend?
- What are you looking forward to for tomorrow?
- What did you play today?
- Did you help someone?
- Was someone mean to you?
- What did you eat for snack/lunch?
- Was there a time you felt afraid?
- What was the funniest part of your playdate?
- Who would you want to plan a playdate with?
Church Service Questions
- What stuck out to you from Church?
- Did you see someone new?
- Did you say hi to anyone?
- What song did you sing?
- What was your memory verse?
- What does your memory verse mean to you?
- What would like to learn about next week?
- What is your favorite Bible story?
Get to know you Questions
- Why do you like your favorite color?
- Do you like to spend your time inside or outside?
- What is your go to activity when you have free time?
- What book would you like to read next?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What would you change about your life?
- How do you show people that you care about them?
- Describe your house you would like to live in when you grow up.
- What sport would you like to play the rest of your life?
Would you Rather Questions
- Would you rather be able to fly or run really fast?
- Would you rather have a pet snake or hamster?
- Would you rather make a lot of money and not like your job or love your job but not have much money?
- Would you rather own a car or truck?
- Would you rather read all the book or watch all the movies?
- Would you rather live underwater or in outerspace?
- Would you rather go to the future or return to the past?
- Would you rather live at the beach or in the mountains?
- Would you rather be able to stretch or become invisible?
Hopefully, you found something helpful in starting conversations with your own kids or a kid in your life. Honestly, some of these questions would be a great way to start a conversation with an adult in your life also. Get to know you questions for kids.
Don’t forget to follow along on Instagram.